St. Thomas Seminary
467 Bloomfield Avenue
Food and overnight accommodations at St. Thomas Seminary are included due to the generosity of Believe 208 but there is a class fee of $53.66
Training For Law Enforcement
What is mindfulness?
Mindfulness is defined as “…the awareness that emerges through paying attention on purpose, in the present moment, and non-judgmentally to the unfolding of experience moment by moment.”
Powerful skills for law enforcement officers
Physical and mental fitness are directly related to one another. With the training we provide, you will know how to exercise and strengthen your “mind fitness” over time and become better equipped to enter stressful situations with a regulated body and more focused attention.
Are you looking for new ways to reduce stress, stay more focused on the job, and build and sustain more meaningful relationships?
Join us for this engaging weekend retreat to experience simple-to-learn practices in:
- Tai Chi
The benefits of these exercises
when practiced on a daily basis, will help you:
- Boost attention, control and concentration
- Improve situational awareness
- Strengthen resiliency and capacity to function effectively in stressful and demanding environments
- Increase a sense of feeling centered, confident, and competent at work and in personal life
- Improve sleep quality, decision-making under stress, satisfaction with life, emotion regulation (ability to respond and relate to unpleasant emotions in a healthy way), productivity and time management.